- This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 12 years, 3 months ago by Anonymous.
- February 15, 2008 at 9:54 am #2064AnonymousInactive
any body can tell me that how can i compress a bitmap file in c++
- February 15, 2008 at 10:58 am #3325msaqibParticipant
Bitmap compression depends on the compression algorithm you want to compress the image with. Lossy and Lossless compression algorithms are used for compressing an image. In lossy technique image looses some of its information but most of the time this loss can not be identified by human eye. In lossless technique the image preserves its original information after the compression/decompression.
I have found some of the compression algorithms and their implementation in C++.
http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/g-m/bitmap/compressing/article.php/c4929/ Run length encoding in MFC C++ programming.
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/recipes/HandyHuffmanCoding.aspx Huffman coding technique for image compression using C++.
Also here is a small C program for Run Length Coding.
Here are C/C++ image compression libraries. http://www.pegasusimaging.com/clibraries.htm
- February 17, 2008 at 9:33 am #3326AnonymousInactive
i want to compress the bitmap using huffnan encoding
so kindly give me some usefull material
and also it will be a console based application
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.