4A-Engine is one of the complete game development platforms. The programming language used for the development of this game engine is C++.
It is a 3D oriented engine. Its target platforms are Windows, PS3 (Play Station 3), PS4 (Play Station 4), Xbox 360, Xbox one, Linux and DirectX9 / DirectX10.
It is developed by 4A Games Limited which is a Ukrainian-Maltese video game developer based in Sliema, Malta. The programmers behind the development of this impressive engine is lead programmers and co-founders of 4A Games, Oles Shiskovtsov and Aleksandr Maksimchuk.
4A Games is a multicultural, multinational video game development studio which is known for its atmospheric first person shooters Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light and Metro: Redux games.
The engine features full DirectX11 support and is one of the first engines to support this.SteamCommunity
- ADS (Advanced Deferred Shading)
In huge complex scenes, it allows hundreds of lights in one frame.
- Weather Models
- Day/night models
- HDR Rendering
4A Engine allows for exposure adaption, tone mapping, and blue shift, for human eye/camera perceptual rendering using floating point buffers.
- Penumbra and Umbra
- Lightening and Volumetric Fogging
- Real time reflective lights
- Global illumination effects
- Geometric displacement mapping and Parallax occlusion maps
- Deferred reflections
Games Developed using 4A Engine
- 4A Game Engine Website: http://www.4a-games.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/4aGames
- More specifications: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/metro-2033-4a-engine-impresses-blog-entry